Welcome to EZ260

EZ10 Cover Removed

EZ10 Cover Removed

Welcome to EZ260 a site where I’ll be putting my Tube Audio Projects. This site is HEAVILY under construction and I’m just getting it set up. This site will have complete projects that I have done including schematics and a gallery of images showing what I have done. Feel free to comment and ask questions about anything of interest.

Here is a preview of projects that are coming –

• EZ260A Grommes 260A Clone Dual KT88 PP
  • EZ10 6V6 PP Mini-Mono blocks
  • EZ125 Quad KT88 Amp PP
  • Dynaco MKIII Restore
  • Dynaco ST-120 Clone (Tubes4HiFi Amp)
  • The Bias Buddy
  • The ‘Dummy’ Load

Hang on as I start adding these projects. Check the GALLERY as the images will be uploaded first!

New projects on the drawing board or in process –

• Heathkit WM5 done up EZ Style and bunches of extra stuff
  • Stereo Version of the EZ10
  • Dynaco PAS-3 mods and rebuild
  • Try out the QuantAsylum QA400 Distortion Analyzer
  • Clean up my work bench…

10 Responses to Welcome to EZ260

1. EZ260 November 13, 2013 at 12:21 pm #

Welcome!! Please leave a comment and I’ll quickly respond unless of course I can’t. This is just coming together today (11/13/2013) so will be a bit before I can get all the projects uploaded and displayed.

Sandy Ganz

2. EZ260 November 30, 2013 at 12:22 am #

Getting some of the projects up and documented. A few more to go! I also added a few more Tube datasheets and Hammond chassis drawings for boxes I have used in the projects. Remember, click on the buttons under the ‘PROJECT RESOURCES’ section of the article for more details or parts used for the builds.

Sandy Ganz

3. EZ260 December 2, 2013 at 9:04 pm #

The site is filling out, added a slew of tube datasheets, some Dynaco manuals for the MKIII and ST-70 project as well as filling out the project stories. Still need to add some pictures to the ST-70 build, write up the Dynaco MKIII build and begin the EZ125 amplifier project. Moving along. If you need something that I forgot to add or need something useful please let me know and I’ll do my best to add it in!

Sandy Ganz

4. Sandy Ganz December 25, 2013 at 11:33 am #

Added more of the Dynaco Mark-III project. Picture comments are updated as well as the order. Almost done with the project description, need to add a few thumbnail pictures and good to go.

5. Sandy Ganz May 8, 2014 at 9:24 pm #

Check out the new EZ215 stereo amplifier project. It’s a great sounding simple stereo amp.

6. Opik March 3, 2015 at 5:25 am #

Hi.. It’s great to see your done with pcb. Is it great for guitar? By adding Marshall tone stack maybe. Thanks, opik

• Sandy Ganz March 3, 2015 at 10:38 am #

I have not done anything with Guitar style amps, but I think this would work very well for them. The PCB makes for a clean build and easy to fix. I have run the smaller amps every day for a couple of years and have no issues with heat yet.

Sandy

7. Opik March 9, 2015 at 8:48 am #

Thanks for reply, I’ll wait for your next guitar amp I hope 🙂 there are Cameron Ocean mod for jcm800 on youtube It’s amazing tone, compare to the regular jcm800,, are this grommes 260A can do the same thing? I need both for hifi and guitar, I want to hear your 260A sing, before I decide to build it, its look like the power went to 120 differ from my country 220, while commonly 220 is going to 110, not 120, anyway can you upload how it sound?..thanks Sandy

Opik

• Sandy Ganz March 25, 2015 at 9:32 pm #

I really like the sound of the 260A, I think it has room for a lot of modifications, but I’m so limited in time I have not done much with them other then listen. The best sounding amp I have built was the EZ215 stereo amp. I have built a second one with 6L6’s and with a little more B+ (only a couple more watts) but it sounds fantastic. For power it’s only getting the correct transformer, and I think 110-120 is not a problem. I don’t know really how I would do a sound upload as it would get lost with all the compression, but I do like the EZ260, it very smooth and has just the right amount of power to get loud. The EZ215 is _almost_ perfect in my book except it’s just a little low on power, but typically I’m not listening to music so loud that I can even tell. Both are fun projects. I’m holding on the JCM project as I had this crazy idea of building a digital clock out of relays… Don’t as 😉

Sandy

8. Opik April 1, 2015 at 10:30 am #

Right,,compressed audio will lose the sound and feel, I’m glad 110 will do. Hope this year I made my own G260 with el34. Keep your project post, I’ll wait your JCM version 😀 thanks..

EZ260 Tube Amplifiers and Tube Projects